New HD live traffic version just became available.

I wonder if this was the same update as they announced in an email to registered owners in the UK a couple of weeks ago.

(They announced it as if it was a software update that users had to install and so caused much speculation and confusion when the download didn't appear on the specified date).

Last edited:
Goddijn announced the US rollout of HD traffic (I assume it's this"5.0" from the other article) for other than the 2535LTM model on 11 May at an event in NYC. At that time, he 'announced' HD for all U.S. Live models, including the 340 and 740. What I never saw was a date, nor have I seen any updates in the interim that would indicate anything has changed. Does anyone know WHEN this is all supposed to take place?

Update

But what would be the use of doing the update when Home forces you to upgrade to the app ver 9.058 and as everyone knows that is pretty much useless. App ver 9.058 messes my Go 740 Live up bad....?????

But what would be the use of doing the update when Home forces you to upgrade to the app ver 9.058 and as everyone knows that is pretty much useless.

It's not as simple as that....
My Go940, Go950 and XL LIVE all work OK with v9.058.

Also we've published a workround to stop Home forcing the update to 9.058 anyway, so that's not an issue.

Id bet this is the May 22 improvement. I saw a big step up in quality, especially onramps and stopped traffic, just like the announcement said.

I wonder if they're rolling this out geographically? Coverage here still has some peculiar delays - like Inrix usually has.

I still see delays in accuracy due to low probes on smaller sideroads.

But the May 22 change was a big improvement, especially around standstill (eg: stoplight) traffic.

Ask a Question