New Beetle, ProClip and TomTom One

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hey, all,

Thought I'd post some pictures with the new ProClip I installed on my wife's beetle.

So far, I highly recommend the ProClip line. It's solidly placed and in a location that's near-perfect. I decided to go with the mount with "Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Charging Cable" ($70) and the TT1 slides in firmly and connects right into the power. The mount to the car (another $30) took two minutes to install and clipped right in. I finished the job by getting some plastic hooks to keep the cable against the dashboard.

Here are the pictures.... enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 802
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 797
very nice. any chance you could post some pictures from the passenger side seat? How visible is this to your co-pilot. ;-)

I have a new Jetta and will definitely leaning toward the proclip setup if I'm not happy with the window mount. My biggest gripe is having a power cable hanging down over my dash, so the proclip seems to allow keeping that wire run as short as possible.

it'll look like this, just without the iPod.. lol:
ipod.jpg

How long is the standard ONE lighter cable?

Last edited:
very nice. any chance you could post some pictures from the passenger side seat? How visible is this to your co-pilot. ;-)

Actually... the last picture gives a good indication of what it looks like from the passenger seat. It's not too problematic at all...

Actually... the last picture gives a good indication of what it looks like from the passenger seat. It's not too problematic at all...

meaning that the viewing angle is visible from the passenger seat too?

Does the swivel have a lock? Or can it swivel on its own with a big bump on the road?

Last edited:
or exit the highway on a gloverleaf exit at a high rate of speed... although that one would casue it to swivel towards the driver....

I'm not sure how I feel having the TomTom that low and out of sight. Anything longer than a half second glance would take my eyes off the road for too long. I understand that in CA, you're not allowed to mount to the windshield, but I think that's a silly law anyhow... yes, we don't want drivers to take their eyes off the road, so let's force them to mount a PND away from the windshield and eliminate all possibility of using it in a HUD-type arrangement.

I have a proclip mount for my ipod and it is extremely sturdy. No bumping at all. But I agree, I wouldn't want my TT that low and out of site.

Ask a Question