New Beetle, ProClip and TomTom One

what I don't like about the ONE is the short battery life and I hate having a cord strung along my dash... will have to see what kind of mod I can do to hide that. The ProClip would bring the distance between my power outlet and the unit to an acceptable range. We'll see though. It all depends on how the new suction mount is going to work on my windshield.

Proclip mounts are pretty expensive, but they are nice and sturdy.
I purchased a mount for my girlfriend's phone.
Easy to install.

The pictured PRO CLIP setup looks very professional, I'm envious! ;) However, regardless of the setup - be it a glass mount, or PRO CLIP - the idea is to keep the common car thief at bay! :mad:

If you use the PRO CLIP and remove your TT unit from the vehicle a thief just might be curious enough to see if maybe you've hidden it in the glovebox? :mad:

The glass mount presents a similar dilemma in that if they see an empty mount they might try their luck in the glovebox once again!:mad: Now removing the TT unit and the glass mount might work, right?;) Not! The glass mount leaves behind rings when you remove it from the windshield. Guess what? That's right, an enterprising thief will notice the ring(s) and try the glovebox once again! :mad: BTW, a cop friend of mine warned me about the rings! Now I carry Windex and a rag!:eek:

Ask a Question