New 720 Owner: a few questions

I have the issue of the roads (major roads) not showing up with full names in the directions. Is there a hack for this? I would like to see El Camino Real instead of CA82, really.

Is there a hack to show the name of the street you will be turning on next? I know "next road" is there but it only shows the next major road...and not the next road. Hack for that either?

Also, is anyone else noticing the oddness that the unit won't say "on" in the directions? Turn left CA82.....why not Turn left ON CA82"?

All in all, I like the TomTom, but these few things might keep me from keeping it.

L

I have the issue of the roads (major roads) not showing up with full names in the directions. Is there a hack for this? I would like to see El Camino Real instead of CA82, really.

Is there a hack to show the name of the street you will be turning on next? I know "next road" is there but it only shows the next major road...and not the next road. Hack for that either?

Also, is anyone else noticing the oddness that the unit won't say "on" in the directions? Turn left CA82.....why not Turn left ON CA82"?

All in all, I like the TomTom, but these few things might keep me from keeping it.

L
Preference has an icon for Display Settings that allows for the next road to be displayed on the screen (along with other choices such as current speed, time to destination, etc.)

Next road problem and hack for full name?

Preference has an icon for Display Settings that allows for the next road to be displayed on the screen (along with other choices such as current speed, time to destination, etc.)

I know that - but again, it doesn't show the next road in the directions, just the nearest major road....

Am I wrong?

L

Street problems

I know that - but again, it doesn't show the next road in the directions, just the nearest major road....

Am I wrong?

L

I have the show current street name checked. My issue is that it doesn't show the "next" street, it shows eight streets later!

L

I would rather see street names most of the time myself. In South Florida TomTom calls Lantana Rd Hwy-812. Nobody here knows it by that reference. If there's a easy fix for this, I sure don't know it.

However, as a work-around, I added the current street name (you said you already have this selected) and next street name to be displayed in my 'Status Bar'. When Hwy-812 is shown at the top of the screen as being my next turn, at the bottom of the display (in the status bar) I see Hwy-812, Lantana Rd.

Tap
  • Change preferences...
  • Status bar preferences...
  • (click done to go to next page)
  • put check mark in 'Show next street name'
  • put check mark in 'Show current street name'
Tap 'done'

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question