My Custom Mount - Work In Progress

TomTom Model(s)
One
Well, I started to work on my custom mount for my wife's car. As I mentioned earlier I picked up the Garmin low profile adapter. Well here's what I did with it. Still need to put some finishing touches on it and paint it to match the dash.

---------------------
Ok I figured it out.
------------------
TomTom1.jpg

TomTom2.jpg

TomTom3.jpg

TomTom4.jpg

TomTom5.jpg

Last edited:
Well I for one can't wait to see it. What seems to be the problem? You clicking on the world icon with the paper clip and pasting your link? Or simply copy/paste into a thread. Are you trying to post the actual pic that's hosted somewhere else? In that case, click on the 'insert image' icon which looks like a mini-envelope with triangles in it. Then copy the URL there and the image will post.

Hope this helps.

very nice! wiggle or rattle at all?

Nope not at all. I took it out for a spin and didn't move. It's a snug fit. I have the inside sanded smooth as to not scratch the ONE. Plus with it docked onto the charger plug, it's held on smooth. Hope to finish it up this week. Need to paint, add the extra outlet behind the dash and run the cord.

Careful not to add to much paint the ONE won't fit! But nice setup you have there.... You should think about making a few more and posting the trade section ;)

Very nice! Where exactly are you going to put it, on the dash? And how are you going to make it stay? I need details, please! But I love your work! :)

There's a perfect spot on the dash for it. I try to post some additional pictures tomorrow. I aslo plan on using some thin double sided tape for the bottom. My wife sells some in her store. It's really just precautionary as I already took a spin with it and it didn't move. Any way more pictures to come.

is that splash screen included with the latest software? Just wondering as it is the new TT logo.

Ok, here are some additional pictures in the car. Still not the finished product. I spent most of the day painting it and wiring up the extra outlet and mounting it behind the dash. The pictures are ones I snapped in the morning before painting it.

Car Dash.jpg

Car Dash5.jpg

Car Dash1.jpg

Car Dash3.jpg

Car Dash2.jpg

Ask a Question