Custom Mount for XXL Model

I own a 2005 Silverado and here's my mounting solution. All I used was the dash disc that came with the unit and it works great. The unit does not twist, rotate or move at all even on bumpy gravel roads. My work truck takes me to places that makes me feel sure this method will work on any road! Please give me your thoughts....

Front View of Mount:
FrontView.jpg

Side View of Mount: The disc is simply wedged between the dash cover and the dash itself. It holds very tight and hasn't failed me yet. I drilled two holes on opposite sides of the disk to allow for the zip tie to be used. It's only in place in case the suction ever fails.
SideView.jpg

Finally, My very important Anti-Theft Device: (This is a very tricky one to pull off....)
AntiTheft.jpg

This mount may a little low for some but I find it very suitable for me. Plus, I'm not constantly looking at it. I also like the fact that it doesn't cover my air vent.

Ask a Question