Mounting Bracket

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One
Ok...this might be a really stupid question but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their suction mounting bracket staying stuck to their window? No matter what I try and do everytime I stick it back up there it'll stay for anywhere from 5 mins to a few hours and all of a sudden just lose suction. I can understand it losing suction after a few days or so but not 5 mins after I hit a few bumps? I've tried cleaning my windows, placing it in a different spot on my window, nothing seems to work...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I had the same problem and decided to look for a replacement. I found a great one one ebay for under $12.00 + 6.95 SH (to Canada) It has NEVER let go as it has a lever to lock it into place. It also reaches out farther to and articulates on both axis.

You can check it out here if you want:
http://stores.ebay.ca/MF-X2

I have also attached a picture... Good Luck JR

Attachments

• TomTom_One_DashWin_Side.jpg
    TomTom_One_DashWin_Side.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 563
Ok...this might be a really stupid question but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their suction mounting bracket staying stuck to their window? No matter what I try and do everytime I stick it back up there it'll stay for anywhere from 5 mins to a few hours and all of a sudden just lose suction. I can understand it losing suction after a few days or so but not 5 mins after I hit a few bumps? I've tried cleaning my windows, placing it in a different spot on my window, nothing seems to work...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I know the solution as it worked GREAT for me. Clean your window thoroughly with RUBBING alcohol. Let the window dry completely (only a minute or two) and then press the suction cup on there. Sticks like glue!

So it works with the 3rd edition?

I see from a closer look at the picture that it will connect to the 3rd editon. I think I'd like to get one of those too. Although I haven't had any trouble with the 'suction cup mount' that came with the unit, it looks a bit more sturdy with the handle to make it stick. This would be great for the second car. :D

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another one on ebay.

Thanx.

I just applied the adhesive disc to my dash and my TT 3rd edition sits on it perfectly with no problems. I ordered a sandbag dash mount as a back up, but to be honest I don't need it. TT sits just above my Radio/CD and is barely noticable.

Ask a Question