Missing in Dublin

The Liffey Valley shopping centre - probably the biggest in Dublin, and a horror to navigate - is not listed on the TomTom Go 520T. I still haven't really copped on to how to enter user updates of maps, so I can't correct it.

I'm also scared to go in there and get trapped in the endless roundabouts. I had the B&Q shop in the Liffey Valley entered as a favourite, but when I tried to get the dratted machine to bring me there yesterday it said "No route found".

I'm now wondering whether using "clear route" as a choice when I change my mind about where I'm going has removed a load of favourites. Help gratefully received.

I might even be able to find the B&Q on Google Maps and navigate there with the geographical coordinates. If I could work out how.

What a pity to be troubled by a lack of techiness and a rich quantity of tetchiness.

The Liffey Valley shopping centre - probably the biggest in Dublin, and a horror to navigate - is not listed on the TomTom Go 520T. I still haven't really copped on to how to enter user updates of maps, so I can't correct it.

I'm also scared to go in there and get trapped in the endless roundabouts. I had the B&Q shop in the Liffey Valley entered as a favourite, but when I tried to get the dratted machine to bring me there yesterday it said "No route found".

I'm now wondering whether using "clear route" as a choice when I change my mind about where I'm going has removed a load of favourites. Help gratefully received.

I might even be able to find the B&Q on Google Maps and navigate there with the geographical coordinates. If I could work out how.

What a pity to be troubled by a lack of techiness and a rich quantity of tetchiness.

A shopping centre, not being a road, will not be able to be handled by TomTom as a location to enter and drive through. The best it can do is get you to the entrance point on the nearest road.

Your favourite route shows as 'no route' if you're tring to get to it while in the centre. Since TT doesn't 'know' where you are, it can't find a way -- using a road -- to get ou to the destination. Drive to a road at the exit of the centre and it'll find a route.

Clearing your route will NOT delete your favourites. Just remember, to get to the destination of a favourite, or anywhere, you MUST be on a road first.

A shopping centre, not being a road, will not be able to be handled by TomTom as a location to enter and drive through. The best it can do is get you to the entrance point on the nearest road.

The machine does list several other shopping centres, though. And no, I wasn't in the centre at the time, and have tried it since. Maybe it failed to save for some reason - though I think I've driven to it since first saving it. Pain in the a.

Clearing your route will NOT delete your favourites. Just remember, to get to the destination of a favourite, or anywhere, you MUST be on a road first.

Hmm. No, I'm pretty sure I tried it again once I was outside the original shopping centre I'd been at, and back on the road.

OK, tested it again, on a road, and no, it's still giving "no route found".

Last edited:

Ask a Question