Max OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
TomTom HOME v 2.6.4.356 has several errors when running under Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- With an SD card installed, HOME does not ask which storage area to use.
- When disconnecting, there is an error box that pops up saying that the device was not correctly dismounted.
- When using TomTom HOME v 2.6.2.264 on my GO 730 (Application v 8.351), "Operate My Go" shows the screen off center.
- When running "Operate My Go" the screen is off centered, this causes the buttons to be in the wrong places for clicking.
- Started up TomTom HOME version 2.6.4.356 (2.6). TomTom was not connected at the time. Screen said to connect the TomTom device, and when I did, HOME crashed.
- When updating the map, received an error:
"An error occurred while installing this update. .... The connection to the TomTom server timed out. ... Try to update again or click this link to download the new version: etc."

I see some people have HOME 2.7. Anyone running it on Snow Leopard?

I installed HOME 2.7.1 581, after it started up I connecetd my GO 730, and said YES to connect to the computer. HOME crashed.

The new version of HOME does correct the error mentioned above about the screen being off centered.

And maybe it doesn't ask which storage area because it's automatic?

OK, after installing HOME 2.7.1.581, things seem to be working OK in Snow Leopard, except when unmounting the device, an error comes up saying it was not unmounted properly.

Last edited:
so does TT Home 2.7 appear to be working ok with Snow Leopard then?? I was going to update to SL this week. Thanks.

2.72.598 does not work with Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6)

Running 2.72.598 with Snow Leopard I can not get my 720 to mount.

"No device connected" is all I get.

I have tried all the permutations of rebooting bot the device and the application.

Anybody else having this issue, or a solution?

Thanks

Last edited:
Not mounting with SD card inserted in Tomtom

I have macbook pro 13 with SD card slot. If i plug in the tomtom go 720 with sd card in tomtom it is not mounting up or asking anything. But if I take out the card from the tomtom and insert it to the mac at the same time as I plug in the tomtom to the mac, it asks if I want to use the tomtom or the SD card. I have Tomtom home version 2.7.3.754.

OK, for the latest TT home on a mac, you have to start Home BEFORE you connect the TT....then you will get a window that pops up asking to select which drive to use. If you plug the TT in before Home is started, it defaults to the internal drive and gives no choices. Mine works fine, just installed a new 16G sdhc and it's faster than the 4 G I had in there before.

For unmounting, you can't use the eject from Home...if you eject the sd card first, then the internal drive, I usually do not get the error.

Ask a Question