Max number of itineraries?

I have a TomTom XL with FW 8.016 and TomTom Home 2.7.6.2056.
I use itineraries a lot, which I fine-tune, store and save. Recently I discovered that my TomTom no longer shows me all the itineraries which it contains. The device folder \itn\ and the Home backup each contain 94 itineraries while the device shows me only 64 of them.
Is there a maximum number of itineraries the TomTom can handle? If yes, what is it supposed to be and does anyone know a workaround?

Wow. In all these years, I've never seen a post asking this question. I thought the answer was essentially 'unlimited'.

I suppose one thing you can try is to have them backed up in folders by category and copy back those you would need at any given time.

I don't think you'd actually need over 60 available at one time would you? So, just use Explorer (or Finder if a Mac) to do your 'housekeeping'.

I know that the maximum favourites at one time is 48 and the maximum waypoints per itinerary is also 48 but, as I said, I didn't realize there was a limitation to the individual .itn files.

The number 64 is one of the binary powers of two (2^6), and is often used in computing. So, it makes sense that it would stop at that number, and not 63 or 65. The next step up would be 128 (2^7).

If all the itineraries aren't needed at the same time, there should be a way to store them on a computer. You can access the Tomtom directly via the Windows Explorer and move and copy files back and forth.

Ask a Question