mark a poi as favourite ?

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
so i'm at a destination that I did not route to. I simply searched it by cross streets and it got me to the address. Instead of inputting the address I simply wanted to touch the screen and mark it as a favourite.

With my Garmin I was able to touch my current location on screen and simply save it as a destination. for the life of me, I struggled to find any option that would do this for me. :eek:

Do i have this capability with the 920 ?

The easiest thing to do is to go in the preferences and set up your QuickMenu.

You can have 6 things in the quick menu (now called QM) (which is the green circular arrow on the navigation screen). "Mark as favourite" is one of the possible choices for inclusion. This is much faster than digiing thru menu layers.

Unfortunately (so far), "clear route" is not one of the possible choices for inclusion in the QM. Maybe in the next update.

I could have sworn I marked as favourite, but did not see anything appear in any lists. If i mark as favourite, where does this poi show up exactly ?

thx

POs and favourites are not the same!
Favourites are limited to 48 (I think) and if you do a factory reset they are lost.

Favs are more like (quick) temporary POIs and you will see them as an option if you "navigate to" or create an itinerary, etc.

What you can do, and this is a good idea, is to save the favs as POIs and make them more permanent.

You go to prefernces and then manage POIs. You then create a category (like A-favourites, to make sure its at the top of the list) and then you tap add POIs. You will be asked to provide address, intersections, etc. Tap thru to Favourites and then select the one you want to add to A-Favourites category.

When you have done this for all your favs, you then again choose Prefs, tap manage Favourites and then preceed to delete those you have saved permanently as POIs.

I hope this is clear. It really is intuitive once you start....

You dont do this on the road!!!

You mark as fav and that is it.

When you have time to tinker at home every few weeks or so, you can convert favs to POI.

I showed you before how to quickly mark a location as a fav. It takes 2 taps!!!

Ask a Question