Map upgrade go7030

Purchased unit yesterday and Tomtom home state map upgrade available. Have tried for 2 nights now and runs for up to 2 hours then stops before completed. Has been stuck on 28:15 m remainung for an hour - very frustrating. Suggestions?

Purchased unit yesterday and Tomtom home state map upgrade available. Have tried for 2 nights now and runs for up to 2 hours then stops before completed. Has been stuck on 28:15 m remainung for an hour - very frustrating. Suggestions?

It does take awhile to download (approx 3-45 mins per map) with a high-speed connection.

I know that TomTom sometimes has problems at their end.

I would try again from a high-speed connection and to help make sure you are increasing a successful download, I would only download 1 map and nothing else..

In your situation, I'd first make sure that your internet connection is downloading properly. Try to download something else to see if that works fine. I was in this situation before, and thought it was my GO 730, but it turns out that my cable internet connection was the issue.

Once you've ruled the connection out as a problem, just give TomTom's support a call. I've suggested this previously, and it has helped others find solutions. Their U.S. #: (866) 486-6866.

Ask a Question