Mac Specific

Mac Area

• Yes

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
I wish there wasn't a need to have one but since there are some challenges with mac versions I think it would help. For instance I just figured out last night that the TomTomHome version for mac is only 1.6 and 2.0 is not available so if you want to use the latestmap guarantee you have to install Home v2 on a windows machine, that's crap. You used to be able to use the tomtom.com site to get these updates but they moved it to TomTom Home but not on mac? The good news is I finally got the voice input to work on my 720, hurray!

I think a Mac section would be great. I'd suggest a top level forum for "TomTom Home", is there one as I don't find it, with two sub forums one for Windows and one for OS X.

Most of the basic questions that cover both could be discussed in the top level forum and the OS dependent in the subs. If TT was to ever add a Linux version, yea I know when pigs fly, it could be added as another sub forum.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of this happening soon? I've got some Mac specific questions regarding my 720 and they don't seem appropriate to post anywhere in the forums.

If the staff here doesn't want to do it, I run a Mac forum site and I'll be happy to set up a forum over there for TT support.

I'd love to see it as well.

I run a large forum geared specifically for Mac users in Canada, but a section on TomTom's / GPS is a little too specific. Would love to just point members here and could probably send quite a few. :)

I just picked up my new One XL yesterday. So far, the Home Software for Mac isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be based on horror stories I've read.

A lot about the One XL... the user interface, the packaging etc... is a little Mac-like.

Now if Apple puts GPS on an iPhone. :D :eek:

Most Certainly!

Count me in as well. I researched the purchase of my 720 extensively. Only to be highly disappointed once I got it home, that there wasn't much support for the mac. I truly believe that we need our own forum. We also need to rally together, and get TomTom to upgrade our software to the 2.0v. I was under the impression that i would be able to make all these changes to the 720 via my mac desktop, and then download maps, routes, poi that I created and Google maps to my TomTom. Not so. I'm even considering returning it to BestBuy. I'm still within the 30 day return policy. Don't get me wrong, I like the unit, I'm just really let down that the interface with the mac is not what I was led to believe existed.:(

I would love a Mac-specific area here...

....for those rare instances of problems with TomToms and Macs ;)

305661833.jpg

Would love a Mac-specific area. It seems we always get pushed off to the side by many folks. Odd.

Emily,

There is really a place like that? i mean a place where everyone has a Mac? Wow. You had better not move-ever. Sounds like a nice place to be. :)

Ah, yes, publications. I hold a journalism degree and desktop publishing was my specialty. I wish more people understood the ease of using a Mac. Maybe we can get a spot just for Mac users. It could be THE spot for TomTom and Mac users. Mac users are growing in number.

Glad you are in a good place. :)

We need to get this forum going. Mac owners are like the bastard stepchildren to TomTom, they don't seem to care too much about us.:mad:

Ask a Question