Mac Desktop Icon for TomTom ONE

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
Here is a desktop icon for Mac users.

This is what my TomTom looks like mounted on my Mac's Desktop. I renamed mine to "TOMTOM ONE" as it's just recognized as an external drive formatted as FAT32. TomTom Home does not care what the drive is called but with FAT32, the name will be all capitalized.

2001425403708058458_rs.jpg

The following is the icon file for Mac along with a larger PNG file for those that wish to make a their own Windows version. In Windows, the TomTom ( drive E: ) already mounts with the standard "red hands" TomTom icon which, I think, is just included on the device itself.

I did not create these from scratch... I found the image online and I made the Mac icon.

PNG Image File

For Mac, just download the zip file.

Do a "get info" (command-I) on the .icns file and hi-light the icon in the upper left corner of the window.
Do a copy (command-C).
Then do a "get info" on the TomTom drive.
Hi-light the icon in the upper left corner of the window.
Do a paste (command-V).

I believe this new icon is stored on the computer so you'll not see it if you plug your TomTom into another Mac... at least that's my experience. There's a way using terminal to store the icon on the device so that it will show up no matter where you dock... maybe another Mac guru can explain it. More reference on this topic.

Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• ONE-128x128.icns.zip
    84.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Ask a Question