Looking for NA 8.25 POI files

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I'm currently running 710 NA maps on my 720. It's the version of the maps that was meant for the 920 series since it's over 2GB. I'm put off upgrading maps since now it seems all I can get are the 2GB maps which have a watered down POI database. Does anyone have or know where I can get the POI files for 8.25 so I can replace mine when I upgrade my maps?

Just a little suggestion. I put the european maps on a SD card since I may never or only sometime may use them. Then their is plenty of space. Get a medium fast SD card if you purchase one.

8.25 POI's Fit great on TT720

Thanks Pedro2NR!
It seems that TT has changed the compression of the cs_speech files, as they are all smaller than the previous version, so there is plenty of room for the larger POI files on the TT720.

larger 8.25 POI

I just upgraded my map for the ONE X, and also bought into the annual map update service - seemed like a good deal.. Since it only has 1 GB internal built-in the map has been "adjusted" to fit - I think thats how their site shows it. I assume most of adjustment is in POI data. I have a 2GB SD card I'm using, so I actually have room.

I looked at POI file after installing new map and it's about half the size of the one posted by PedroNR. I also saw there was no crpoi file.

I downloaded the linked file here (PedroNR's 8.25 file) and copied over the poi.dat file to the Map directory. (I had a backup copy of orignal). When i tried it out, TomTOm couldn't find any POI's (except for some custom category's I had created. I then tried copying the crpoi file over as well. Stil no POI's would show up.

I put the original back in and it finds them fine now (I've erased the crpoi as well).

I have a Tom Tom ONE XL with 2GB SD card with map version 8.25 loaded the SD card (TT boots from SD card - but I also put the 8.25 on the internal memory).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong so that I can load the larger POI file?

Thanks
Rick

I believe the 825 poi file available here is for the Go series only.

ah, that explains it then. I'll keep looking. - I hate to end up downloading lots of the smaller specfic poi files-on the official TomTom site, I imagine that would be pretty inefficient for the TomTom anyway - but maybe I'll need to build a large one myself -thanks!
Rick

Will this work on the go 300? I have a 2gb sd card with only half in use for US and Canada.

Probably not. Tomtom makes a different map 825 for the navcore 8.3 GO models (x20 or later), than it does for the navcore 7.9 used on the GO 300. I suspect the POI file structure on navcore 7.9 version of the map is different, but I'm not 100% sure since I haven't tried.

Is this the "Full POI" file that everyone is using with the new 830 maps? I have the Go 740 LIVE, how do I know if I have all the POI's?

Thanks,
Jon

You shouldn't have the full POI file as its not pre-installed on anything except the North_America map and the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map.

The 740 comes with the North_America_2GB map which does not have the full POI file.

You could try the file here, or you could purchase the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map to get the full POI file.

Large POI

I subscribe to the TT map updates for my 930 using 830/8.351, North_America maps.

The POI that installed with the update was sparse to say the least.

I installed the 825 POI in the link here, and am now back to acceptable.

If there is a way to get a large POI file with the subscription, I did not find it.

Thanks to those who provided the link here.

Ask a Question