330 XS - looking for more POI locations than come with standard

Question about the number of POI destinations provided with the XL 330s -

In using it, I notice that if I request the restaurant options for a location, it only lists the first 15 or so. Is this a standard preset limit?

If I were to travel to another city and want to avail myself of more options, would I have to dowload a map for that city?

Or if I were looking for all the particular locations for a certain chain, is there a limitation with the number of entries returned?

Very much appreciate the responses received on this posting board so far - it's been great!

Thanks!:)

In using it, I notice that if I request the restaurant options for a location, it only lists the first 15 or so. Is this a standard preset limit??

Depends how you selected the poi. Near you? On route? In city? May only be showing what it has in db for that location.

If I were to travel to another city and want to avail myself of more options, would I have to dowload a map for that city?

No. You already have the map of the city in your USA& Canada map.

Or if I were looking for all the particular locations for a certain chain, is there a limitation with the number of entries returned?

You can use the 'Find' button. Type in part of the word you are looking for and all rows satisfying that filter will appear, regardless of distance to you. For example, type in 'donald' and all McD's in the entire poi file will get listed.

Ask a Question