Looking for NA 8.25 POI files

Very strange - how big was the poi.dat file and the crpoi.dat file from your 830 North America map? Perhaps tomtom shipped you the North America 2GB map by accident.

Large POI

Very strange - how big was the poi.dat file and the crpoi.dat file from your 830 North America map? Perhaps tomtom shipped you the North America 2GB map by accident.

The "bad" poi is 189MB; the crpoi.dat is 141MB, both dated 05/18/09

The "good" poi.dat is 188MB, the good crpoi.dat is 141MB, dated 02/28/09

So the size does not seem to be the issue, just the contents. Very few categories in the "bad' one, too.

wasdvd,
Can you list a few categories that having on the good poi and not on the bad poi?
I want to make sure mine is good also.

Thanks

You shouldn't have the full POI file as its not pre-installed on anything except the North_America map and the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map.

The 740 comes with the North_America_2GB map which does not have the full POI file.

You could try the file here, or you could purchase the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map to get the full POI file.

I don't know what I was thinking when I asked this question... obviously I wasn't. With the GOOGLE Search option, really there is no need for me to have the "Full" POI database, in my opinion it would be a waste of space.

Thanks for the reply though!

Jon

Sparse POI

wasdvd,
Can you list a few categories that having on the good poi and not on the bad poi?
I want to make sure mine is good also.

Thanks

Welll... after restoring the new map POIs (by renaming files, so these are the exact files I used earlier), I found the large number of categories that I had with the 825 POI.

I had used my 930 for weeks with the limited POI list, so I know it was not a dream or nightmare. I had also reset the 930 during that time. But after renaming the newest POIs and resetting the 930, magically, I am back to "happy'.

My original comment referred to maybe 6 to 10 total categories versus the 60+ I had with 825 and that I have now.

So, the issue that spurred my whole comment is not reproducible now.

Ask a Question