Just Wondering

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE
How come TT support is so bad? You call them on the phone you are on hold 40-60 min. You right an e-mail takes them well 2 weeks so far to answer that, dont they care for there customers. I have to say i wouldnt recomend this product to my friends because of there support,if it wasnt for this forum alot of us would be lost.

But yet they have time to update there logo yipeee. maybe if they put there efforts towards helping there customers it would be much more appreciated. It seems they have a standerized answer to everything 3-4 weeks. It has to be in the traning manual.

TomTom should start addressing this problem, would be much more appreciated then a logo.

My 2 cents worth not like it matters but still wanted to say it. :mad:

This past month or so it's gotten bad. In '06 when I've called in the mornings, they were prompt with answering phones. Their answers weren't always prompt but we did get something. Same went with emails. I sent an email in the morning and received a reply within 5 minutes.

I agree about the dismal support. While I myself have not had problems (I've only had to call in once or twice) the stories on this forum alone are astounding. Thankfully, many many questions can be answered here within a matter of minutes. I love this forum!

I feel (COP)Sli's frustration. I wasn't a TomTom owner until after Christmas. Like I'm sure about oh I'd say up to 50% of us now? After all the tomtom commercials before the holidays were EVERYWHERE, and I think every Tom (no pun intended) Dick, and Jane have a TomTom now.

Their customer base probably doubled in size in the last month, and granted for support reasons alone (remember FallenHerosCar) some have left to Garmin or other PNDs.

However, as my own experience been with TTSupport has been rather unacceptable to me. I think they just weren't fully ready for the explosion they must have gotten.

Yes I think they need to better prioritize things, but give it some time to settle down. After all, those who can't reach support, CAN reach tomtomforums.com right? And as you said, without it, MANY of us would be lost (myself included)...

Without TomTomForums.com my ONE would be a device I used once after Xmas on a LONG road trip and would be sitting on the shelf until another long trip.

But because I found this site (and am now apparently am an integral part) I use my TT ONE every day!

Things will get better...they have to. it's evolution. And if the off chance happens and they don't. We still have "TTF"...

my 3 cents (I like to toss out an extra penny once in a while)

Last edited:
Ditto. I got mine late Nov 06. Their product is great but the support is horrible. Cops, the logo design is done in Europe not NA. They need more people here.

the logo design is done in Europe not NA. They need more people here.
....um....
I just found out that their NA office is about an hour from my home. I'm going to see about applying for a Support job there...

Just don't tell my current boss! haha

Well they need people here in NA is a giving. They should have known how many people to hire when they started here by the response they had over the pond. Not very good managment on there part, and if they dont fix it they will lose customers. Not having enough people is not a good enough excuse for a company of this size, they should have done some reasearch. It just goes to show you they dont car about us the cunsumer of there prouduct. Otherwise they would fix this poblem in a hurry. If it wasnt for this forum and the great people here tomtom would fail in NA they should be paying the admins and the ones who help here. But then again they are getting this services for free so why ackknowledge the people here. Its money in there pocket.

I wish someone from TOMTOM would come into this forum and read all the complaints,they might get off there butts and do something about it. Then again they have to work on a logo for NA thats more important. :mad:

mouth.zipped.jpg

but thank you for your support of tomtomforums.com!!!

Last edited:
Thank you sscott for your kind words. I think I can speak for all MODs here when I say it's appreciated.

Ask a Question