Installing maps is a pita :(

Hi!

I just got my TomTom Rider2 with Germany, Austria and Switzerland pre-installed on a 1gb SD card. So today I went down and got an 8gb card and wanted to move it all over there, but failed. For some reason it just doesn't work. Tried doing it via Home and via Explorer and it got really messed up. Think I got it back to original though.

But the real problem is when I try to install Western Europe, I can see that in Home it is under "Maps" under "Administrate" but when I try to use the visual TomTom feature it says no map loaded :S Also does this with my pre-installed one.

Can't test it in my TomTom right now as it has stalled for the last hour at a loading screen with no possibility of turning it off, have to wait for the battery to run out I guess.

I am on the brink of calling on Hell on this little device.

Did you try resetting your device?

Try the clear Flash tool found at tomtom.com/6211. Run it 3 times.

My user manual did tell me there was a reset button, but I can't see it when I look at the device.

Edit:

Your link gave me this:

Code:
Fatal Error 

Access Denied
Reason: Client address is not authorized.

Last edited:
Look on the bottom of the unit for a hole marked reset. It may be small and hard to seee but that's the location (bottom) where reset buttons reside.

Look on the bottom of the unit for a hole marked reset. It may be small and hard to seee but that's the location (bottom) where reset buttons reside.

Found a very small opening under the SD card slot, turned on the GPS, stuck something in there and it went out, held it for 10 seconds, no change, me pre-installed still works, but my other one just says "No map found"

Yes, it appears the Support site for TomTom (all countries) is down this weekend.

The map you are trying to find is from TomTom, right?

When you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer, do you see the specific map folder with files in it? If so, is one a file with an extension of .meta.dct?

Yes, it appears the Support site for TomTom (all countries) is down this weekend.

The map you are trying to find is from TomTom, right?

When you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer, do you see the specific map folder with files in it? If so, is one a file with an extension of .meta.dct?

The folder is called: Western_Europe_ 845.2645

Has this file: Western_Europe-132.meta.dct

Well, when the TT site is available, try for the clear flash tool as I suggested.

Ask a Question