Howdy!

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I got my TomTom ONE v2 last week. I love it. I'm planning a big trip in 3 weeks time that will take me over a large portion of the US. I don't know the total number of miles but should be around 3,000.

Does anyone know if I can buy the John Cleese yards voice? I love that guy. I'm still trying to figure out certain things but I have a handle on most of it. Not sure about POI yet. I'll keep reading until I figure it out. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears. The only thing I noticed on my TT is it doesn't seem to have a compass icon which is a bummer. And I don't see a clock even though it asked me to set the clock. What am I missing?

TIA!

Hello and welcome to the boards.

1. Yes, you can buy John Cleese via TT HOME.

2. The TT unit does have a compass, you just need to enable it. Just go to Main Menu>Change Preferences>Compass Preference and select the toption you want here. I personally have the 3rd option selected.

3. The current time can also be displayed in the status bar but you need to enable it as well. Go to Main Menu>Change Preferences>Status Bar Preferences, and check mark current time.

Beautiful! Thank you so much. For some reason, I didn't see all of those options.

I'm off to discover more stuff!

Thanks for the welcome folks. I do have an additional question. I noticed that there are versions of the TT1. How do you know which version you have? I kind of assumed that mine was v2. I saw someone else post that they had v4 and they just bought their's about the same time as me. How do you know what you have?

Yes - a 1 GB SD card. Doesn't have much room left on it. Not sure if I need to upgrade to a bigger card and newer maps. I've been reading the forums trying to figure out what the new map(s) will get me.

It looks like you have the v2. If you upgrade maps, I would recommend ugprading your SD card as well and installing the new maps on that.

Ask a Question