How to put new POI on the Go 920 T ?

All custom POIs go into your tomtom's map folder. Regarding your 920, look for a folder that says 'North America...'
If you find a compatible SD card with large enough room to fit the 2gb map and other files you can install it to the card.

All custom POIs go into your tomtom's map folder. Regarding your 920, look for a folder that says 'North America...'
If you find a compatible SD card with large enough room to fit the 2gb map and other files you can install it to the card.

Thank you for the reply.

So if I understand correctly, we cant just save POI alone on the SD memory card. It as to be on the drive that as the maps... is that it ?

To make more room on my device, can I safely remove for now, the European maps, and save it either on my computer, or save it on a disk ? or is it to risky to try to remove it ?

Thanks
George

You save the whole content of the GPS, not just piece by piece.
If you blunder it can be recovered relatively easy.
Files can become corrupted for unknown reasons.

Last edited:
POi

Hi,

How do you install new POI on the Go 920 T ? and is it possible to install theme on the SD memory card ?

George

Their are two ways to do this . First if you like the catagories that are listed go to Map corrections then correct a map error and then to add missing POI pick your catagories and follow the yellow brick road.

Second way if you want to add a totally different catagory for other POI"s. Go to Manage pOIs then Add POI Category, Add your catagory spelling it out. After this is done go back to manage POIs and click on Add POI, select the catagory you just added and then add your poi that you would like. Hope this helps. Michael

Remove POI?

How do you remove a POI from the 'Navigate To' area. I mistakenly added a POI for Pep Boys & want to remove it & I cannot seem to get it to delete.

Reg

Their are two ways to do this . First if you like the catagories that are listed go to Map corrections then correct a map error and then to add missing POI pick your catagories and follow the yellow brick road.

Second way if you want to add a totally different catagory for other POI"s. Go to Manage pOIs then Add POI Category, Add your catagory spelling it out. After this is done go back to manage POIs and click on Add POI, select the catagory you just added and then add your poi that you would like. Hope this helps. Michael
Let's see if I understand what you are saying here, I can run POI's off of my SD Card using either method you listed above? :confused: (that would be GREAT!)

Do I need to create a certain folder structure on the SD card? or after using one of the methods listed above, will they simply be copied over to the tomtom unit? I really want to use my SD card for all POI's that I create or d/l myself, w/o them going into the Tomtom itself.

Ask a Question