Where do I put POI's?

Probably been asked before but I can't find the answer, I have a lot of POI's on my PDA in OV2 format. Where do I copy them to on my 930, is it in the map folder as I used to do on my PDA? Can they be in a sub folder to make it easier to manage them? I found a folder on my device called POI & it had what seemed like the same name as the POI files I downloaded from the TT Home but with the extension TLV.
What is the max limit of POI's & is this the max you can have on the device or the max you can have visible?

When I copied files using explorer into the map folder on my 930 I had problems. After copying I disconnected in TT home, it gave a warning of unsafe device removal (but thats probably because TT Home disconnects. I left it a while then unplugged it. It then would get past the screen where it says continue, I did a reset then tried again & it kept getting part way through the start up then start again??? I plugged it back into the cradle got it up on TT home & then went through it again disconnecting from Home, leaving it a while then it seemed to be ok?

The poi ov2 files MUST go into the map folder (along with any asociated .bmp files) You can have as many ov2 files as you want and, indeed, you can show about 160 categories on the map at any one time.

That said, trust me, you do NOT want more than 4 or 5 categories set to show at one time. Any more than that causes slow screen refreshing to a point where it will just crawl.

Use Home's Device disconnect to remove your unit from the computer but click 'ok to the screen saying it's ok and still WAIT a few seconds till you see your unit rebooting to the 'do you want to connect screen'. Then say 'no' and you can remove the unit.

Too often, units get screwed up when data has not completely written to the flash drive before units are disconnected prematurely.

Ask a Question