how to backup favorites tomtom via1530tm

I would like to backup my "favorites and home", to be able to restore it if necessary to the unit. I have the via 1530tm.
Any suggestions?

If you go to the "Add community content" section of MyTomTom, there's an option to copy the favorites.ov2 file from your unit to your computer.

Yes, easy.

Just go to the Add community content" section of MyTomTom and there is the facility to copy your Favourites to your PC.
Also they have finally made the Favourites a standard .ov2 file which is great for moving them to other machines (note the US spelling of Favorites though).

EDIT: Damn you've got to be quick around here...
But I've got a picture coming too...

There you go... Right at the bottom.
Home3_Add_POI_screen2.jpg

If you go to the "Add community content" section of MyTomTom, there's an option to copy the favorites.ov2 file from your unit to your computer.
I appreciate your quick reply, but I am new to tomtom environment, and cannot locate add community content. I tried all of the tabs "products;maps;services;live traffic;shop;where to buy;support;about tomtom."
We do I find it? If its on the unit itself again I cannot seem to locate it.
I appreciate the assistance.

I appreciate your quick reply, but I am new to tomtom environment, and cannot locate add community content. I tried all of the tabs "products;maps;services;live traffic;shop;where to buy;support;about tomtom."
We do I find it? If its on the unit itself again I cannot seem to locate it.
I appreciate the assistance.
I found the "add community..." and downloaded the favorites.ov2 to my desktop. There were two other .ov2 files. What werethey, and the said download or remove. Why would I remoive them?
Also how do I go and restore the favoriyes.ov2 file if I need too?
Sorry for the confusion, I really apprecaite everones answers.

I found the "add community..." and downloaded the favorites.ov2 to my desktop. There were two other .ov2 files. What werethey, and the said download or remove. Why would I remoive them?
What are they called?
Also how do I go and restore the favoriyes.ov2 file if I need too?
Sorry for the confusion, I really apprecaite everones answers.
In the same menu, you are offered the ability to add a POI. Click on the "+" key to the left of "Add POI" just below your existing list. "Adding" will either overwrite one of the same name that might already exist, or will add a new one if it doesn't already exist. They're storing your favorites as a POI now, unlike the 'old days' where it was stored in a separate file type along with other stuff.

What are they called?
In the same menu, you are offered the ability to add a POI. Click on the "+" key to the left of "Add POI" just below your existing list. "Adding" will either overwrite one of the same name that might already exist, or will add a new one if it doesn't already exist. They're storing your favorites as a POI now, unlike the 'old days' where it was stored in a separate file type along with other stuff.
The additional files are PA7315.ov2
PA7373.ov2
So to be clear I would add the favorites.ov2 as a POI and it will either add or overwrite as need be.

The additional files are PA7315.ov2
PA7373.ov2
I believe those are MapShare updates. Might even be one you created - for a restaurant correction, perhaps?

So to be clear I would add the favorites.ov2 as a POI and it will either add or overwrite as need be.
Correct.

I believe those are MapShare updates. .

Correct.. PAxxxx.ov2 files are MapShare corrections YOU have made to POIs (the xxxx is a 4-digit number code for the POI category it was - restaurants, Airports etc.)

I fyou create any of your own POI categories on the Tomtom, they will show in the same list, with the names you gave them.

Favourites are a slightly special case. Although you can now copy them as an .ov2 file (useful to share with others or older models), the device sorts them out internally and presents them to you just as Favourites have always been, in their own menu sections.

Ask a Question