Hi - Newbie - iPhone 1.3 question

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone 1.3
Hi All,
As I write this I am in the process of downloading TomTom iPhone 1.3 for my iPhone 3G. This is my first go around with TomTom, so hopefully everything will be okay. My previous gps was a Garmin 750, which gave me several problems.

My question is do I need to do anything special with iPhone (like backup and save everything) before installing iPhone 1.3? I have approximately 6 GB of free memory on my iPhone.

I thought I read somewhere I needed to back-up everything so I could get the best reception on my iPhone 3G. I did order the car kit from Amazon today & it will be here tomorrow.

Thanks

Welcome to TTF. I'm moving this thread to a more appropriate forum for you to get responses.

The only data backups you need are all handled by iTunes, once you have purchased an application on your account you can even download it again if you wipe the device and the PC as the download is tied to your account.
The iPhone app isn't like using a PND where a full backup is vital, there is no point with the iPhone, glad to see you have the car kit on order as that makes a big difference to the GPS reception IMHO - Mike

Ask a Question