Hi from Otawa, Ontario, Canada

Hey all

Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I just recently picked up a TomTom ONE 130 and have been quite taken with what it can do. I can only imagine what the higher end ones can do.

Take care all and be safe

Greg

I was using Lori and Mandy and then found Yoda... 300 yards turn right you will... Love it.

Is it possible to find voices that allow for text to speech? The free ones I tried arent computer voices according to my 330S so street names are not spoken.

Is it possible to find voices that allow for text to speech? The free ones I tried arent computer voices according to my 330S so street names are not spoken.

In Home, Add Maps/Voices. Now then, arrow right 2 screens and you'll see Computer Voices. There are 4 free default English ones, 2 m and 2 f.

In Home, Add Maps/Voices. Now then, arrow right 2 screens and you'll see Computer Voices. There are 4 free default English ones, 2 m and 2 f.

I saw the ones that come with the unit but I dloaded the free "Yoda" and "Patrick Stewart" and neither of these are considered computer voices for the purpose of doing complete text to speech. :confused:

I saw the ones that come with the unit but I dloaded the free "Yoda" and "Patrick Stewart" and neither of these are considered computer voices for the purpose of doing complete text to speech. :confused:

That is correct. You are stuck with the ones available.

And just to confirm only one is computerized?

Last edited:
And just to confirm only one is computerized?

No. Under the Computer Voice option (icon) all 4 are Computer Voices ... 2m and 2f. One 'couple' is US and the other is 'uk'

Again ... Add Maps/Voices then arrow right 2 screens to the Computer Voices icon.

For space reasons, you may need to remove one installed on your unit before replacing with another.

Ask a Question