Hi Everyone

I've had my Tomtom Go 500 for a while now and just stumbled upon this site. Good thing too cause I have a small problem.

My wife ended up formating the memory card for the TT by mistake (don't know what she was up to). Anyway now I have a blank memory card and a blank TT. Is there anywhere I can recover these maps from and get it up and running again as I really need it for my job.

Thanks for help.

Oh and I'm from Scotland so hope this doesn't matter. :)

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you have a backup. If you don't, you may have to call support and tell them about your situation to get them to give you a new copy of the maps.

Thanks very much for the replies everyone.

I've managed to get a hold of the map from a friend. The problem now is that it keeps asking for an activation code. I cannot find it anywhere and my friend doesn't have it. Can anyone advise on this.

Thanks again.

You need the product code which usually came on a plastic 'credit card' included in the box.

Not finding this, then consider buying a brand new map. Your old one must have been getting seriously out of date.

Ask a Question