Helppp!

Hellp!

Help! I have a early version of a Tomtom One and when I try to use a postcode to find a location it demands I type in the road as well. I have tried resetting it using the reset button and now none of the voices work on it either!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Trisha

The voices are a bit of a mystery, you shouldn''t have lost those on a simple reset.
But lets work on the postcodes first.

I'm assuming you know how to connect the ONE to a computer and browse the files and folders on it? Windows or the Mac both recognise the TomTom as a new disk drive, so you can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to examine it.

If your still with us... check the list of folders for one called "zip". Inside that folder should be two or four files:
Great_Britain.postal
Great_BritainPostal.ver
Nederland.postal
Nederlandpostal.ver
(If you've only got UK mapping you probably won't have the Dutch postcodes!)

Do you have that folder and the files inside?

If they are missing, go to
http://www.tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/Map_855/zip.zip
and download them.

The folder full of files (called "zip" remember) is rather confusingly delivered as a "zip" archive called "zip.zip", so you need to right click on the file and select "extract all" to regenerate the real folder and files.
Once you've done that, just copy and paste the whole folder onto the ONE in the same place as all the other folders.

Then test it! (Making sure you use the actual Navigate to... Postcode menu as you can't just enter postcodes when it's expecting an address).

If that works, report back and we'll move onto the voices.

sob!

it didn't work - my sat nav is still not working properly - no postcodes and no voices

sorry i didn't get back to you before - had a lot on my case finishing a full time course i was studying

trisha

Back to first principles... what software version do you haver on the device? Tap the signal strength bars and then tap the "version" box on the next screen. That should take you to a further screen (full of text) where it will tell you the software App version.

Did you find a "zip" folder? Did you re-install one?

The next step will be to reinstall the software, but report back first.

Ask a Question