Helpppp!!!!

im new to this fourm.
but i have a tomtom xl brand new i have read all the forum post on here about the red x and windows not formatting my device. i need help nothing i do is working i dont have a different cable or anything to try out, but i need help bad :d

I assume you have the cable that came with the unit.

Connect to the computer. Malke an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then connect to Home and install the application that will be offered.

Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from Home using the DEvice Disconnect icon and see if things are better.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 10-15 seconds if your model does not have a dedicated reset hole on the botttom.

when i turn it on windows says that before i can use it i have to format it. and i have tried the quick and full format and it is unable to formatt

If the unit is not working properly and it is brand new....maybe consider returning it. EH..probably not the most technical answer on the forum.

well see it was working fine until one day i held the power button down too long and reset the hole thing and now it flashes with white x and a blinking disk at the bottom lft corner

Make sure the cable is connected to a usb port on the back of the computer, not the front. And don't connect it to a usb hub. This is the cable that came with the unit? Can you try a different cable or computer?

The suggestion to return it may be a good one.

Ask a Question