Hello I'm very new!

TomTom Model(s)
One 140 IQ
G'day!

I just bought my first GPS navigator (Tomtom One 140 IQ) as i got tired of getting lost in Sydney.
I'm beginning to get the hang of this but i can't seem to get the safety cameras to appear in the GPS.

I drove right beside one of the older ones and nothing. Not a sound or an alert.

When i updated the device in Tomtom home it however tells me that i need to download it and pay another AUS$49.95.

I had the impression that the device already had the speed cameras built in. The box it came with seems to imply it and so did the advertising in the shop i bought it from. I bought the device in Sydney but i live in Canberra.

The map misses a lot of the new developments in Canberra. Most notably the main shopping centre at the CBD. It doesn't appear at the map. Many of the POI's no longer exist or is in the wrong (or should i say former location) this is despite the Tomtom Home indicating that the Map is completely updated.

I wonder if this is normal when you begin using a new GPS Navigator or perhaps mainly in Tomtom brands.
will i have to pay extra for the speed maps or do i already have this installed but i just haven't figured out how to use it? My settings and alerts are enabled and the desired sound selected.

Would there be something wrong with the device that I should call Tomtom or the shop i purchased this from?

thanks for any advice.

Uses Latest Map Guarantee...

Hello,

If you just bought the gps, you are entitled within 30 days an upgrade map.

1. Run TTHOME
2. Select: Tools
3. Option: Uses Latest Map Guarantee

Which version of your map (Latest version is V835)

Ask a Question