Hello and Thanks

TomTom Model(s)
GO300
I am a new member at this site. I have been using my GO300 for over two years and am very pleased with it. I recently discovered this forum when I had a frustrating time finding why my new cell phone wasn't working with my GO300 (it is not on the list of compatible phones) and why the GO300 was asking me to stay right when the map clearly indicated that I was supposed to stay on the left lanes of a SoCal highway (I have just installed the new map and so I guess I will find out soon enough if the new maps have fixed this).

This forum is great and I have already learned a lot.

Is there a sub-forum dedicated to suggested software modification for tomtoms? As an example of a suggestion I would like to make, my tomtom sometimes acquires sats and thus reckons its location when I am stopped at an intersection, and since it does not know in which direction I am moving (since I an stopped) it should not give any turning directions until it establishes a vecocity vector i.e. until it knows what direction I am moving. Right now it seems as if the unit just randomly decides which direction I am oriented in, and consequently the turning directions are usually wrong - until I start moving and then it knows in which way I am moving.

Oh, and I forgot to say that my wife loves the fact that I have my tomtom since she doesn't have to read maps, though sometimes I get the feeling that she is a boit envious that I seem to have named my tomtom Lori after the voice that I use. Everyonce in a while when Lori gives me a strange direction my wife snorts in pleasure!

Hello nyer, we don't have such a forum dedicated to such suggestions but I do know that people from TT roam the site every so often. All the concerns/troubles/suggestions are hopefully noted by such persons.

However, you can try and communicating feedback via email to TT Support or through this way.

Ask a Question