Gun Owners?

Anyone own a gun?

I just purchased my first gun on Tuesday! I pick it up next Friday. I'm so excited!! I love shooting and can't wait to get out on the range and fire off a few hundred shots :)

I bought a Glock 17. Its considered by many experts as the best and most reliable handgun for home defense as well as law enforcement. The gun is beautiful and quality is unmatched.

Here is a stock picture of the model I got:

glock17.jpg

Yep, I own a couple myself. I used to have a Glock 19 that I liked but ended up selling it. I was really wanting to standardize on .45 and since it was a 9 millie I decided to get rid of it. I currently own a 1991A1 Colt (classic 1911A1 frame but slightly updated) that is a great .45 that has endless customization options. I also have a Heckler & Koch USP .45 that is sweet. It has Tritium night sights, custom rail below the barrel for add-ons like flashlight/laser/etc.

Most people have no idea how much fun it is to shoot up paper.

I used to have a big collection of guns but now have just a few. Glock 23 (.40 cal), Browning BDA (.45 cal), Colt Double Eagle (10 mm), and Smith & Wesson 629 (.44 Mag).

I was in law enforcement for 25 years.

Jim

Yeah you'll like the glock, best way to go in my opinion. I own both the 17 and 19, but use my 23 for carry purpose. I think .40 is the way to go, don't worry though they're addictive and you will be getting more. Welcome to the world of glocks.
a couple of helpful places:
www.glocktalk.com one stop shopping for everything you need advice wise
www.ar15.com has a real nice section for glocks in the handgun forums

If you feel like upgrading they make some nice additions, I have added tritium sights and lasermax's to all of mine. On the night sights go with either Meprolights or trijicon I've used them both, trijicons are more expensive but i perfer the meps. Hope that helps.

Kimber 45......
Taurus 9mm.....
Numerous rifles....

And my coolest new addition...the pellet gun from hell! The GAMO of justice!

:D

I don't have a gun, but enjoy shooting. I've gone with my uncle a few times. I think the glock was one of the gun I shot too. Enjoy, but more importantly, be safe!

Yeah you'll like the glock, best way to go in my opinion. I own both the 17 and 19, but use my 23 for carry purpose. I think .40 is the way to go, don't worry though they're addictive and you will be getting more. Welcome to the world of glocks.
a couple of helpful places:
www.glocktalk.com one stop shopping for everything you need advice wise
www.ar15.com has a real nice section for glocks in the handgun forums

If you feel like upgrading they make some nice additions, I have added tritium sights and lasermax's to all of mine. On the night sights go with either Meprolights or trijicon I've used them both, trijicons are more expensive but i perfer the meps. Hope that helps.

Glocktalk is a great forum. I found it a few weeks before I bought my gun. The forums there helped me make my final decision.

I have been to the range now about a half a dozen times and love it more each time I go!

Ruger Black hawk .357, Marlin .357 carbine, Browning 44 MAG carbine, .375 Winchester Big Bore 94. Remington and Ithaca 12 guages. Used to love too shoot but now the cleaning wears me out. Already got rid of a mini 14, a 30/30, a double barrel 12 Gauge,a .22 mag. pistol and 1 other rifle that I can't remember but I think it was a .308 Remington.

Last edited:
Here is what I have:

Glock 21
Colt AR 15
Winchester over and under 12 ga. shot gun
Huglu Trap and Skeet 12 ga. over and undershot gun
Huglu 20. ga. over and under shot gun
Marlin 30-30

I love to shoot myself. my arsenal is:
marlin 1894 cowboy special chambered in 45 long colt
weatherby xxii 1980's model
remington 742 woodmaster in 30-06
browning bar in .338
browning autolight 5 12-gauge
remington 40-x in 6mm remington
mossberg 590 special purpose 12 gauge
beretta cx4 storm 9mm
ruger super redhawk 9 1/2 barrel .454
smith and wessan 1911
ruger mark III competion model
beretta 92fs brigadier inox 9mm

like i said i love to shoot :)

This is a good thread, just found it this morning..
Glocks are great little guns, I have a 22 and a 27, I bought my 22 when .40S&W first came out years ago, love that gun. I've got lots of mods on it. The 27 is far less accurate, but I use it mostly for a carry gun, no frills on that gun.
I also have a Ruger GP100 and SP101.
Taurus 101, hate that gun, had a Beretta 9mm before the Taurus, shouldn't have sold the Berreta...
Springfield .45ACP 1911
and a couple of throw away .380 guns

AK47 semi auto
Mossberg 500 12ga, my first real gun, had it since I was 13...
Remington 870 12ga
and a couple of plinker .22's.

Man, looking at that post, I look like a freak;) I've just been buying/selling/trading since I was a teenager...

In South Africa I had the Baretta 9mm as well as a cheapie the Star 9mm but here in the Uk one is not allowed guns so I now have none.

You guys seem to have all the luck with the amount of firearms you are allowes to keep and yes I do miss my weapoms and the weekend shooting practices.

cheers
Soutie

by the way I found the Barreta more balanced to shoot with than the colt 45

My inventory

Would you believe that I've never killed anyone :rolleyes: with my:
  • Ruger SP101 4" (iirc) .38
  • Ruger Blackhawk 8" .45
  • Remington 870
  • SKS Yugo
  • Bushmaster M17s

How many Yugo owners use TomToms, I wonder? :p

Gotta love the tupperware! :D

I carry a Glock 22 for my duty weapon and off duty carry. I have a Glock 19 at home for the wife. I also have a Sig Sauer P-239.

For riifles I have an M-4gery. That's a Rock River Arms AR-15 with 16" barrel. I have a Gladius light mounted on it and an EO-Tech holographic sight. I also just bought an M-1 Carbine which is what paratroopers carried in WWII.

Ask a Question