Guess my 910 is a paper weight now ?

Yesterday I got my 910 TOM TOM out and got it set up on The TOM TOM Home web site, I was going to buy ( $64 ) a map of Greece. A notice poped up saying I needed to upgrade my device, a free upgrade they said.
I clicked on the upgrade and it downloaded it and then said "
Down Load Successful Device must restart" and the Tom Tom went Dead, I think it is re starting ----------after 1/2 hour I start to think something is wrong.

I disconect it and re connect nothing I re set it nothing I charge the battery nothing. I push the reset button 50 or so times nothing.

I call tom Tom support (after I get disgusted with trying to e-mail them on their support site). We go through all the serial # stuff and the Tec says
" your device is out of Warantee their is nothing we can do"

I say but it was operating great until I downloaded your update and the Tec replied
" your device is out of Warantee their is nothing we can do"
I asked can I send it in and pay to have it fixed?
Tec said no we do not offer that service just Warantee repair.
I said after one year you just have to throw them away?
and the Tec said we don't offer repair service.

Does anyone have any Ideas how to bring this thing back from the Dead ? It is a TOM TOM 910 GO.

Aloha Leon

I've solved issues several times on my 920 with a "pin reset" ,put a toothpick or somesuch in the small hole on bottom of unit.A search here for "pin reset " would probably explain it better.

Ask a Question