Greetings from a new TomTom Go730 owner

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Well, I just got it yesterday and so far, it's been great. I've loaded some songs, sync'd with my Blackberry and found a few new routes to places I aready know how to get to. Oh ya, I also did the things I should be doing as well, like loading the most recent maps and upgrading the unit, backup of the unit, you know, the usual.
:)

Well, I just got it yesterday and so far, it's been great. I've loaded some songs, sync'd with my Blackberry and found a few new routes to places I aready know how to get to. Oh ya, I also did the things I should be doing as well, like loading the most recent maps and upgrading the unit, backup of the unit, you know, the usual.
:)

Welcome Tronic1 to the forum !

You sound like you have done the #1 most important thing first and that is backing up your unit. I hope you used windows explorer and not TT Home for this if you didn't use explorer please.head_this

Welcome Tronic1 to the forum !

You sound like you have done the #1 most important thing first and that is backing up your unit. I hope you used windows explorer and not TT Home for this if you didn't use explorer please.head_this

Actually, I did use Home, but now that you've mentioned it I've done it through explorer. Thanks very much for the tip. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge in a very short period of time.
Regards

Hey.. Thanks so much for that link to the other article! I just made my own backup after 3 days with mine. I was surprised at the size of the file though. I felt bad that it was too big for a CD and it was also small enough to make me feel bad about not completely using a whole DVD. Oh well.. I'll get over it. Now I have the peace of mind that I can recover anytime.

Thanks again.

Welcome :)

Lots of good information here !....a little reading and you will really be able to get the full use of your device.

Enjoy !

I too just received my unit but I am unable to load music/pics. Can you direct me? Thanks

You may want to post your question in the Non-newbie section of the forum. You could also try the search function as it is pretty good. Simply create a folder called "mp3" (lower case) on your TT root. Place your mp3 music files in the folder.:D

Ask a Question