Google Local Search Problrm

TomTom Model(s)
750 Go Live
Anyone having trouble with live and google search?

Just noticed on recent attempts to use it, I keep getting an error message:

'Something went wrong. If this keeps happening, please check with TomTom Home if there is a newer application version available.'

And before the immediate and obvious barrage of questions, no, TomTom Home doesn't show any software updates.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ollie

Just seems to be google search. Traffic and cams work okay. Not that I use it that often but has come in handy in the past!

Just seems to be google search. Traffic and cams work okay. Not that I use it that often but has come in handy in the past!
The service and server in the U.S. seem to be running fine. Since you're "over there", it's hard to know if we should be having the same experience. With luck, we'll get a UK 740Live user or two to pipe up with current experience.

At least with everything else running, you know all of the basics of the TT/SIM/connection are working OK.

If you go to "Live Services", right arrow, "My Services", what is the date associated with "Local Search with Google"?

I had a quick look and the date is different to the rest of my live services for some reason. Will post the exact dates when I get a chance.

Still not working. Don't understand why one live service would be a different date to the rest....

Have had to use proper google on my phone a couple of times so I use it more than I thought I did!

I've seen several mentions of Google Search being broken for Brit devices. Don't recall if a fix has been offered tho. One of our other mods, Mike Alder, may be familiar with the problem since he EU based.

Google Local Search

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The expiry date on Local Search and Weather was April 2010 while everything else was March 2012. I E:mailed Tom Tom explaining this and their 1st response was to do a reset which didn't work. After a 2nd E:mail asking if it was anything to do with the expiry date, I got a reply saying they had re-assigned my Live Services and after a factory reset etc, everything is working OK.
Hope this helps,
Barry

Last edited:
The expiration dates on the LIVE screen are all server assigned. If Google is expired, the device won't let you search Google.

If the expiration is an error, call up Tomtom and have them fix it on their servers.

You don't need a factory reset to update the date, just go to preference -> mytomtom login, and re-login. That will force-refresh and pull new expiration dates from the Tomtom server.

Okay. Actually had a chance to sit down, update my TT and look at dates.

My dates show as follows:

HD Traffic - 9/10/2011
Safety Alerts - 9/10/2011
Safety Alerts - 9/10/2011
Fuel Prices - 9/10/2011
LIVE Services (google symbol) - 9/10/2011
Local Search with Google - 7/2/2010
LIVE Services (weather symbol) - 9/10/2011
TomTom Weather - 7/2/2010
LIVE Services (quickfix symbol) - 9/10/2011
QuickGPSfix - 7/2/2010

Duplicates of some of the services seem to have odd dates (as above)

Think a call to TomTom is in order... Grrr.

Ollie

Okay. Issue update.

Emailed TT (cant call as work during their open hours grr) and only reply I got was that they couldn't respond by email and would consider the issue resolved if I didn't update them within 3 days.... well done TT... Another textbook example of poor customer care... Fortunately I'm savvy enough to re-check the dates for expiry of my live services. The two causing problems have been extended to somewhen in 2012.

Happy days.

Cheers all.

Ollie

Local Google Search DOWN with TT go live 825 - last 4 days atleast -

TTer's,

Can't seem to understand - why would one live service fail and the rest (weather, HD traffic, speed cameras..etc) OK.

This, after the new device had been functioning fine - since almost a month, when it was bought..

Any clue?

Google search on a smartphone works fine.

Ask a Question