Go 910 and V7

I now have 7.160on mine.... verified it with TTHome2, and I do not have the HELP option on my 910... I also searched for updates again, it rolled me back to V6.xxx and then back again to 7.160 and it looked completely different than the first time I had 7.160

strange

nope...I have the music note on the main screen... and not much else different this time around... the first time (before the roll back) the phone options were different...now after, they are back to normal.....

Thanks for the tip on where the shortcut display option is. Will try that once I get home. You guys are lifesavers.

I noticed that after updating, my TomTom suddenly displayed three or four grayed out voices with text saying I should add these voices from CD or download them in order to use them. The funny thing is that they're voices I think were never in my original set: male and female Irish, one New Zealand, and possibly something else. I guess these are new standard voices that came with the 720, 920, etc.?

No 3rd party apps either. I just spent 35 minutes on the phone (most of it on hold) with TomTom support. Their answer to these problems along with troublesome phone connections and freezing up was to roll me back to 6.525

I now have v6.525 saved on my harddrive. Anyone with a 910 need it? Just let me know.

No 3rd party apps either. I just spent 35 minutes on the phone (most of it on hold) with TomTom support. Their answer to these problems along with troublesome phone connections and freezing up was to roll me back to 6.525

I now have v6.525 saved on my harddrive. Anyone with a 910 need it? Just let me know.

I need v6.525 if you have it. I updated my 910 to v7.160. What a mistake! It completely screwed up the functionality of my phone. The sound quality went from great to rotten, and I can no longer hear calls through my car stereo with my FM transmitter. Also, any instructions on how to roll back the firmware would be appreciated.

I'll upload it to rapidshare very soon..... When I do, you open the TomTom files folder and copy/paste all the files into the root directory of your tomtom. (just drag them onto the "tomtom disc" icon

I followed the directions in the link. It seemed to work, but now the 910 can't make a Bluetooth connection to my phone. This is a new problem. Any suggestions?

Nevermind. I found the answer in another thread. I took the battery out of my phone for a minute, and now it works.

For anyone thinking about upgrading to v7 - my suggestion is DON'T. Until the bugs are worked out, it's just not worth the headache. Sure, I would like to use the Mapshare feature, but I don't want to sacrifice the use of my phone for it. Hopefully TomTom will repair the glitches in their next release. Until then, I'm very grateful to be back to v6.525, and I'm happy to have my old 910 back again. Thanks to everyone in the forum for the help that you provide.

The link I am posting is for the exact file TomTom support gave to me to download. Extract this file into the root directory of your TT910. When it asks to overwrite, select yes.

This is exactly what TT instructed for me to do, and I am now back to the stable 6.525

Click this text to download

Hands free on version 7

I upgraded to version 7.160 on my 910 and now my hands free sounds horrible. Under version 6 I had great call quality, now it is very digital sounding, hollow sounding and words often stutter. Sometimes words stutter continiously and I have to terminate the call. I am using a Treo 700P. I have e-mailed TomTom, but not received reply yet.

I upgraded to version 7.160 on my 910 and now my hands free sounds horrible. Under version 6 I had great call quality, now it is very digital sounding, hollow sounding and words often stutter. Sometimes words stutter continiously and I have to terminate the call. I am using a Treo 700P. I have e-mailed TomTom, but not received reply yet.

Same here. I'm using a BB7130 and am going to try keeping the phone closer (mentioned in one post that closer seemed to increase the quality) but I doubt that will work. I'm on the cusp of downgrading but don't want to go through all the trouble. I can still talk non hands-free until Jan (I think that's when the new law kicks in here in CA).
I've also noticed that the map doesn't see to scroll or update as frequently as I remember - have you noticed that?

Ask a Question