GO 750 battery indicator

Hi all,

Anyone has the 750 can tell me, is the battery indicator always showing on the screen or it only appears when the battery is running low?

I just bought this unit last week and I remember i don't see any battery indicator when i turn the device on out of the box until one day the battery getting low. Since then the battery icon stays there even I have the battery fully charged.

I am just not sure is it a standard behavior or is the battery faulty.

thanks for your help.

Have you tried to reset the unit? Hold the power button for about 10 seconds on the unit.

With the charger cable unplugged and a low battery charge state the indicator will remain on screen, charge it fully up and it should go away - Mike

I did a fully charge. I plug that it to my PC USB and wait until the power button light turn green from orange. but the indicator still there.

does the soft reset delete any of the data inside?

I remember I did a application upgrade when I connected to TomTom home, i am not is it related, maybe a bug in the new version??

A reset won't cause any data loss or settings to change, give it a try as it might clear the icon, it certainly shouldn't be on the screen all the time - Mike

soft reset does work, the icon still there.

i am thinking to restore to it original state.

I did a backup via TOMTOM Home at the first time I connect the device to my PC. I also copy all files from it internal memory to a folder on my PC.

How should I restore? Should I use TomTOm Home or just need to copy and overwrite the internal memory with the files I copied to my pc before? Will my original Map remains?

thanks very much for your help

OK, here is the result.

I charge the device in full again using the car charger, in case it makes any difference from charging via USB. The battery indicator still appearing.

So I did a restore, with my the files that I copied out of the box, and then battery indicator gone. I assume the Application Updates cause this problem.

In case someone come across this issue/post again, here is a little info.

The original application version without any issue is:
App 9.000

The updated application version causing the battery indicator is:
App 9.025.477770.1

Thanks everyone helps.

The updated application version causing the battery indicator is:
App 9.025.477770.1
Strange because thats what my 950 is running and it only shows the battery indicator if not plugged in to a charger (computer USB or car charger) - Mike

I have a 750. While the unit is plugged in I never see the battery icon. When it is not plugged in and running on battery power the battery icon is there all the time, whether fully charged or low.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Ask a Question