540, 740, 940, 550, 750, 950 Battery Change - Discussion

<koffs> This will also seriously void any warranty, so please... over a year old!

to open a 740

This is an automatically created discussion thread. Please leave any feedback about the 540, 740, 940, 550, 750, 950 Battery Change article here.

You wrote, theat to remove the 2 parts aside the screen you have to use your nails. But how? In the small gap between the screen and the panels there is not enough room to put a fingernail nor a very thin bladed screwdriver. And if it would be possible, to what side I have to move the panel? Up? To the side? The pictures are too dark to see how the clips are.

Between the screen bezel and the edge strips is where to insert your thumb nails, run them up and down to open the gap, the edge strip will simply pop off the device. Note I have just got the 950 out of its box to try this to refresh my own memory so I know it works - Mike

Between the screen bezel and the edge strips is where to insert your thumb nails, run them up and down to open the gap, the edge strip will simply pop off the device. Note I have just got the 950 out of its box to try this to refresh my own memory so I know it works - Mike

Thanks for the prompt reaction! And it worked. I guess my fingernails will cure in a week. But who cares, I'm happy to be able to change the battery. The only real problem untill now with the 740 GO I use daily since almost 2 years in and outside the country (NL) is the battery . Thank you again.

Ask a Question