G'day from Australia

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Hi All,
Purchased a new non tomtom GPS this weekend and exchanged it a day later. Glad I did, the go 730 is soooo much better than another brand I stupidly bought.
The Other brand used NavTeq maps urrgh! It could not find several addresses even in established areas. hehe One address it could not find was a house that has been there for 58 years hehe. And even worse was that it had no idea of the speed limits on most roads and on all freeways I travelled on (several) it would have a max speed of 70k Umm how can it possibly make the right decision about the fastest routes if it thought the max speed on nearby freeways was only 70?

But the 730.... bewdiful. Found all addresses I entered, so far has all the correct speeds on highways and even on the side streets I have been down. I just wish I could get it to beep at me when I go over the posted speed for a street. I have turned the option on but it does not seem t be working.

It is a nice unite reroutes soo fast ...very happy chappy
Bill D

Good day, mate, and welcome to TTF. More and more members from OZ showing up here. Nice to see.

Make sure you make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Hi All,
Purchased a new non tomtom GPS this weekend and exchanged it a day later. Glad I did, the go 730 is soooo much better than another brand I stupidly bought.
The Other brand used NavTeq maps urrgh! It could not find several addresses even in established areas. hehe One address it could not find was a house that has been there for 58 years hehe. And even worse was that it had no idea of the speed limits on most roads and on all freeways I travelled on (several) it would have a max speed of 70k Umm how can it possibly make the right decision about the fastest routes if it thought the max speed on nearby freeways was only 70?

But the 730.... bewdiful. Found all addresses I entered, so far has all the correct speeds on highways and even on the side streets I have been down. I just wish I could get it to beep at me when I go over the posted speed for a street. I have turned the option on but it does not seem t be working.

It is a nice unite reroutes soo fast ...very happy chappy
Bill D

A warm welcome to this forum. Let us know if we can help

Thanks Guys and overspeed problem resolved.

Hi
Thanks for the welcome.
I resolved the issue of the over speed not warning me. It was an easy fix actually... I had to drive faster :)

Unfortunately with our clandestine road laws here in Victoria, I would have been pinged well before the alert goes off. 3 k over and we are done :-(
I assume there is no way to adjust the percentage over before it warns?

TechnoBill

No, the percentage above the limit is hard coded into the software; others have asked for the same enhancement. Maybe, some day? :eek:

Hi TechnoBill,
There is great and god gps system is developed by tom tom. The Other brand used maps. It could not find several addresses even in established areas.Unfortunately with our clandestine road laws here in Victoria, I would have been pinged well before the alert goes off. And even worse was that it had no idea of the speed limits on most roads. Thanks

Ask a Question