Favorite or POI?

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I'm new to TomTom. I've set up several favorites and loaded in lots of POI's and sat back looking at my accomplishments. Now I don't much of a utility difference-
  • I can navigate to either
  • I can see both on maps
  • I can change my 'home' to either
With POI's I can assign a sound and get a notice when I'm close (It's a One XL for me). I can share POI's - so if I was the mapkeeper of the family, I could create a family POI file and share it amongst the cousins, uncles, and other members with GPS'. I can assign a new icon with POI's, and I can really edit the location, name, etc.

If I were a sales rep and needed to keep track of customers I visit, POI's seem more flexible. It also seems that POI's are more portable (if the Sales manager passed out POI's when new territories were assigned or existing territories re-allocated).

So that left me with several questions -

What is the real value with favorites that I have overlooked?
Why would I want to use a Favorite over a POI?
What can a favorite do that cannot be done with a POI?
Has anyone come up with a real purpose for favorites that outweigh the use of a POI?

I'm new to TomTom. I've set up several favorites and loaded in lots of POI's and sat back looking at my accomplishments. Now I don't much of a utility difference-
  • I can navigate to either
  • I can see both on maps
  • I can change my 'home' to either
With POI's I can assign a sound and get a notice when I'm close (It's a One XL for me). I can share POI's - so if I was the mapkeeper of the family, I could create a family POI file and share it amongst the cousins, uncles, and other members with GPS'. I can assign a new icon with POI's, and I can really edit the location, name, etc.

If I were a sales rep and needed to keep track of customers I visit, POI's seem more flexible. It also seems that POI's are more portable (if the Sales manager passed out POI's when new territories were assigned or existing territories re-allocated).

So that left me with several questions -

What is the real value with favorites that I have overlooked?
Why would I want to use a Favorite over a POI?
What can a favorite do that cannot be done with a POI?
Has anyone come up with a real purpose for favorites that outweigh the use of a POI?

It's quicker selecting a Favorite if you only have a few of them since you don't have to deal with categories.

Ask a Question