Factory re-set tom tom 530

Ive lost all voices that give directions and lost the warning sounds for speed camaras. it has the latest camara database the latest maps, and the latest software, I try the turn voices on/off but all i get is the man saying "demo" at the start of a test trip then silence.

So ive instaled the gaurente map update and the speed camara database all ok, but if i do a FACTORY RESET will i loose my map update and camara datsbase too (paid the years subscription on cameradatabase)? and if i loose the map update can i download this again for free

Also one last thing ive played some music on the tomtom but i calnt seem to find the button to stop it, only the pause button and then that leaves a icon on the map screen.

A factory reset will cause you to lose all custom settings you first entered but not your map. Nevertheless, make a full Explorer, not Home, backup now and ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Then try a PIN reset before trying the reset to factory defaults.

Was your phone connected by bluetooth when the sound went off? If it was just hold down the on/off button until it turns off then let it reboot and try it without the phone connected.

Ask a Question