Editing Speed Limits?

I installed the 7.15 map update, and it has added speed limits to I-64. The only problem is, it's not the correct max speed limit.

The TomTom is set to 65MPH, and the legal limit is 70MPH. Anyway to change this?

I installed the 7.15 map update, and it has added speed limits to I-64. The only problem is, it's not the correct max speed limit.

The TomTom is set to 65MPH, and the legal limit is 70MPH. Anyway to change this?
You can correct that in Map corrections

Unfortunately not.

Good question. In addition, is it possible to set speed limits for roads that aren't set by the map?
No. You can report the correct speed limit to TT, via Mapshare.

You can correct that in Map corrections
No! You can only report it under Map Corrections. It will not change it on your device.

Unfortunately not.

No. You can report the correct speed limit to TT, via Mapshare.

No! You can only report it under Map Corrections. It will not change it on your device.

Report it, that's what I meant...:rolleyes:
Where ya been spook? Seems like you were gone for a while...

Where ya been spook? Seems like you were gone for a while...
I've been around. I keep an eye on the forum. But I generally only comment where I really feel passionate about an issue, where I know something that it appears no-one else does, or when I can answer a question that has gone unanswered by the rest the forum members. I always try to help where I can.

I've been around. I keep an eye on the forum. But I generally only comment where I really feel passionate about an issue, where I know something that it appears no-one else does, or when I can answer a question that has gone unanswered by the rest the forum members. I always try to help where I can.
Cool, I know what you mean. I just recently figured out the subscriptions, and that has gotten me more involved.

Incorrect Speed Limit

I have went back and forth and they told there was no resolution to the device showing 29 instead of 30 for the speed limit. This is prety shameful. I have made aliving writing embedded code and IT IS A SIMPLE EMBEDDED CODE PROBLEM. Until they give me a patch, I'm telling everyone to use a different brand.

TOMTOM Support is terrible!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum, this bug is known about and only affects users that employ the MPH unit of measurement (North America and UK) all out mainland Europe countries are fine as they use KPH and the error you are seeing is to do with the rounding differences that creep in when converting from one unit to the other.
Small consolation but this bug has been around a while by now so please complain to TomTom about the issue as its the only way they will listen, as it stands I don't bother correcting speed limits these days as I am fed up with the device displaying the incorrect speed when I know what I enter is correct. At the end of the day TomTom are the ones losing out as MapShare is a great idea in concept but flawed by poor implementation, this being yet another example of whats wrong with it - Mike

This bug has been fixed in application 8.350 and higher.

You probably have an older 2008 device that doesn't support these newer applications.

Ask a Question