Editing/Map Share

TomTom Model(s)
VIA1535TM
Couple questions, hoping you can help me out.

1. Why do some stretches of road run miles without being able to get a point where the speed limit changes while some stretches are 50' long and nothing happens in them? Primarily for speed limit changes. I try to get them as close to the actual spot, but now and then they might be more than 1/4 mile off.

2. Why is it I can edit the name of some roads but not others? I have no problem with (near Boston) I-95 Nb/Hwy 128 Nb/Yankee Division Hwy N (appears that way on screen and if I want to edit the name - I drop the N off Yankee Div. Hwy.
But near (Plymouth, MA) on the unit reads Pilgrims Hwy N/ Hwy 3 NB. When I go to edit the name all I can see if Pilgrims Hwy N. Any ideas?

Thanks

1. Why do some stretches of road run miles without being able to get a point where the speed limit changes while some stretches are 50' long and nothing happens in them? Primarily for speed limit changes. I try to get them as close to the actual spot, but now and then they might be more than 1/4 mile off.

The app defaults to the entire segment with the same road name, then you can turn on/off more discrete individual segments in the "edit" screen. I have no idea why these individual segments are longer in some areas and shorter in others.

2. Why is it I can edit the name of some roads but not others? I have no problem with (near Boston) I-95 Nb/Hwy 128 Nb/Yankee Division Hwy N (appears that way on screen and if I want to edit the name - I drop the N off Yankee Div. Hwy.
But near (Plymouth, MA) on the unit reads Pilgrims Hwy N/ Hwy 3 NB. When I go to edit the name all I can see if Pilgrims Hwy N. Any ideas?

You're probably referring to a signpost? Signposts cannot be edited in mapshare.

Ask a Question