Easymenu - features missing

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL IQ2 (XL350)
Trying to compile a list of features missing from Easymeny devices even with the latest Navcore, and I want to make a complaint to TomTom.

Currently I have:

1) option to choose alarm tones

2) set distance from speed cameras for alarm

3) enter GPS co-ordinates

4) edit speed cameras (the TomTom speed cameras are so inaccurate I am actually going to subscribe to the Pocket GPS World speed camera POIs)

any others I can add to my email?

So do you think every model should have EVERY feature?

Why would people ever buy the more expensive ones if that were so?

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic, but that'sexactly how TomTom see the issue.

So do you think every model should have EVERY feature?

Why would people ever buy the more expensive ones if that were so?

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic, but that'sexactly how TomTom see the issue.

No the point is other budget TomToms have these features. And since we are progressing every year technologically you'd think features would trickle down from the top devices to the cheaper ones and not be taken away!

And there is nothing on the packaging to tell you these features are missing!

It is a retrograde step by TomTom. A cynical one.

Last edited:
Missing Options

Trying to compile a list of features missing from Easymeny devices even with the latest Navcore, and I want to make a complaint to TomTom.

Currently I have:

1) option to choose alarm tones

2) set distance from speed cameras for alarm

3) enter GPS co-ordinates

4) edit speed cameras (the TomTom speed cameras are so inaccurate I am actually going to subscribe to the Pocket GPS World speed camera POIs)

any others I can add to my email?

Good luck on getting them to do anything. I recently sent in a suggestion and here is how it went.
---------------------------------------
Hello,
I have the XXL550TM and although i'm getting use to the easy menu, I would really like it if you would put at least the options to switch from regular menu to easy menu. Also I really, really, miss the Auto Power Off feature the was on my XL330S and is not on my XXL550TM. I drive a service truck and with my XL330S, when I turned off the truck to go inside a location, my XL330S would shut down. With my XXL550TM I have to manualy shut it down before I can get out of the truck.
I have also been on many forums and read many complaints regarding these two features, as well as many other complaints that are too many to mention here. One of the forums is tomtomforums.com so don't just take my word for it go see for your self what your customers would like to have and see in there tom tom gps's.
I also know that you can't please everybody, but in my opinion you are loosing customers that will go to another gps company to get what they are looking for.

So please in the next applications update could you try to address some of these issues. I think it would be in Tom Tom's best interest from a customer stand point.

And this was there reply:
----------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Fanny and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you would like to give us a feedback. I can understand how important this could be for you.

Please rest assured that I will provide you complete assistance in this matter.

Larry, I would like to inform you that I am forwarding your suggestion to the concerned team so that they can work on it and make TomTom more user friendly. We value your feedback and suggestions. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I would recommend you to subscribing to the TomTom Newsletter so that if there are any updates in TomTom you will be first to know about it. For more information on subscribing to the Newsletter, please click on the link below. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.

Signing up for the TomTom newsletter

I hope the information provided by me was helpful. I appreciate your time and efforts in contacting us. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. If you have any queries regarding TomTom product please let us know. I will be glad to assist you. We value you as a customer and your complete satisfaction is our prime concern.

To update your TomTom question (incident) or to reply to this email:
Please log in to your TomTom account using the following link:
http://www.tomtom.com/myTomTom/login.php
-Now Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'

Note: If the incident is not updated within 72 hours, the incident will move to 'Solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful for you. The incident will automatically get closed.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom, we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Fanny
TomTom Customer Support

And then they marked my question as SOLVED?? Now I ask you does it look like they solved anything??

HamRadioNut

Ask a Question