EasyMenu on 2405/2505 vs. Previous

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
I got to wondering this morning - is the EasyMenu feature set the same on the 2405/2505 the same as that for the previous EasyMenu models (e.g., XL550)? I haven't seen a list of what might be missing on these (e.g., inability to directly enter coordinates on a "Navigate to").

The easymenu on both the GO and RIDER models have many more features than the EasyMenu on the XL/XXL models.

You can check this file for a comparison of features (as best I know them).

Ah - see that you added "Navigate to Coordinates" to your new list. I hadn't updated in a couple of months. My bad. Appreciate that addition. So to answer my own question, yes, they've returned the ability to navigate to coordinates on these new models.

Last question on this model: I see that there is some sort of provision for aux audio out "with accessory dock only". When I look under "accessories" on the U.S. site, there isn't anything at all in the way of a dock shown... similar to the problem I already had with the GO740 where the requisite dock was only being offered outside of North America (yet another "thank you" to Mike for helping with that). Have you ever seen one of these docks offered by TomTom? If so, where?

I could (possibly) be enticed to consider a 2535M Live provided that this model also incorporates the lat/long navigation ability, AND provides audio out in some form or fashion.

Haven't seen any info on a dock for it, but there is an option for audio line out in the menu. So maybe someday.

The audio dock is here, you just need to figure out how to import it into the US.
Oh no. Not THAT crap on this model too? Accessories not sold in N.A. again? Nuts to it.

Ask a Question