Drooping Attachment

Hello: I've been using my 910 since Christmas (sure am glad I bought it for my wife). Any way I'm experiencing a drooping TT after a few minutes. I read in a forum where one should hear 2 clicks. I only hear one. My unit is a 2006 model and the mount is 4A00.109.2 . Any thoughts?

The 910 mounts are notorius for drooping. I don't think it has to do with the clicks (that's what you hear when you attach the unit to the mount). The mount itself doesn't seem to have enough "friction" in the ball adjustment area to hold the weight of the tom tom.

I've just learned to deal with it (unit rests on the dash). I've heard of others that modified the ball area by adding some cloth or something inside the adjustment area to provide more friction.

The 910 mount sucks. Good luck!

Hello: I've been using my 910 since Christmas (sure am glad I bought it for my wife). Any way I'm experiencing a drooping TT after a few minutes. I read in a forum where one should hear 2 clicks. I only hear one. My unit is a 2006 model and the mount is 4A00.109.2 . Any thoughts?

A couple: 1) Call TomTom support, They may, just may, be amenable to replacing the mount for free and 2) here is a link to an online site specializing in mounts for GPS devices. Some users here have used them & been satisfied:

http://www.mountguys.com/

I took mine off-roading in the Jeep yesterday. I bounced it around pretty good and it didn't move. Maybe you're not tightening the suction cup enough.

If you only hear one, please look at this video clip provided by TomTom
>>>here<<<

You can also look at my 910 custom setup >>>here<<<

I KNEW I was doing it right, but after watching the video I realized I was only going one click. I had to "force it" to go one more click (just apply more pressure than I would have thought necessary), and then it never drooped again. And over time, it's easier to do the second click.

I mount mine as close to the dash as possible, it drops a bit then leans on the dash, won't go any further. I never have any more problem since.

Ask a Question