Driving directions units of measurement being given in miles and not km...

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Hi again.

I have a slight problem with the voice commands being given in feet, yards, miles, etc. and not meters or kilometers, despite having selected metric as my preferred units of measurement. The voice will say "turn left in xxx yards" instead of in meters, and I was wondering if there is any way to change that, even though I have metric selected?

Thanks!

This is indeed strange, as it should stay metric for both display and voice. Does the unit display metres on the screen, but the voice says 'yards'?

I've just tested mine in demo mode, switching between 'feet' and 'metres', and it works the way it is supposed to. (I use 'Jane' as my voice.)

Very strange indeed. It does in fact display units in meters and kilometers, but the voice speaks in yards and miles, for some reason. Being someone who doesn't use yards or miles as units of measurement, it's not very helpful when I'm used to meters and kilometers. :p

Ask a Question