Dock not recognized / audio Issues

I recently purchased the TomTom Car Kit for my iPhone 3GS, however, I am running into some issues getting the thing to work.

First off, I have iOS 4.0, along with the TomTom Car Kit Tool installed. When I dock the phone, it recognizes the dock and begins charging, however, I get the message, "This accessory is not optimized for this phone." When I go into the Car Kit Tool app, it shows that the phone is not docked, and there is no GPS lock. When I try to get the Bluetooth to pair, the TomTom Car Kit does not show up in my list of available devices. I have tried resetting the Car Kit, but to no avail.

The audio jack on the dock works, however, the sound quality is absolutely atrocious. The sound is very 'thin' and has a lot of echo and reverberation when played through my car's stereo. I have checked all the 3.5mm audio connections and cable, and they appear to be fine.

Do you think the issues I am experiencing are due to iOS 4.0, a faulty unit, or even something as simple as some misaligned pin connectors on my phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA.

Aaron

Could be the OS or the dock, but I'd be leaning towards the dock. I've not seen that message when docking, and been able to get a fix using an iPhone 4 on OS 4.0, no reason your 3GS shouldn't be able to do the same.

I could be way off base here, but is the kit connected to power and or is BT on? Also confirm that the car kit you have is for the phone not the touch?

Delete the old BT pairing from the Iphone

Plug the car kit into the power source, using the cord that came with the unit, confirm there is power to the cord (light on the adapter should glow)

Turn BT on in the phone

Add the iPhone to the car kit confirm it is mounted correctly

Re-pair the the phone and the kit

Ask a Question