Discover Charleston, SC

TomTom Model(s)
GO 300
Here is a POI file that I created for Charleston, SC. This original file contains the following 25 places:

Drayton Hall
Charleston Museum
Boone Hall Plantation
Aiken-Rhett House
South Carolina Aquarium
Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
Charleston Battery
Edmondston-Alston House
Middleton Place
Nathaniel Russell House
Old City Market
Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon
The College of Charleston
The Dock Street Theatre
The Powder Magazine
Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum
Magnolia Plantation and Its Gardens
Charleston Tea Plantation
Cypress Gardens
Magnolia Cemetery
Mepkin Abbey and Gardens
American Military Museum
Children's Museum of the Lowcountry
The Citadel

I hope you enjoy your visit to "The Holy City". I will be updating this file on a regular basis, so check back often.

Attachments

• Charleston_SC.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 416
Very nice. I live in the "Creek". You have done an excellent job of covering the historic sights.
Anyone that wants to really see Charleston should use this and plan to spend 5-6 days to see everything.

Need to make one for the restaurants now! Most outsiders need a TT to get to the "Wreck"......:D

I just thought about two minor changes.......add White Point Gardens to The Battery and Set a point for "Rainbow Row".

Last edited:
Very nice. I live in the "Creek". You have done an excellent job of covering the historic sights.
Anyone that wants to really see Charleston should use this and plan to spend 5-6 days to see everything.

Need to make one for the restaurants now! Most outsiders need a TT to get to the "Wreck"......:D

I just thought about two minor changes.......add White Point Gardens to The Battery and Set a point for "Rainbow Row".

Hey Bob. Thanks for the remarks. Hell...most "locals" need a TT to get around downtown Chucktown!!! I lived there for 6 years, and just recently moved to the Upstate. I am already working on the file, and adding more sites.

I do plan to do a restaurant one also.

On a side note, you don't happen to cook competition BBQ do you?

Why would you ask that.....:eek:

not any more!!! We did have restaurants in Toledo, Oh(my home) but sold out in 94 when we moved back here(Ann's home). We competed in the big Toledo "Rib-Off" up there from 84 to 93. No more cooking now though. Sorry. Too old now..;)

Where are you in the upstate? We're heading for Blue Ridge, Ga next thursday for a long weekend and will be following the TT off 385 at rhe Fountain exit to 85W to exit 173 then up into the mountains to Blue Ridge. And to many POI's up there too........:D

PS: you're right about many locals needing the info too.

I cook competition BBQ, and know another Bob from Goose Creek on the circuit.

I am in the big city of Laurens (exit 9 on 385). Have fun on your trip.

Cool POI
I went several times to Charleston and most of those are unknown to me.
I live in Simpsonville (exit 28 on 385) and next time I will go to this nice city, I will use those POI's
Thanks

Greetings from Johns Island! Thanks for the great POI. It will come in handy when family and friends come to visit . . . Looking forward to your Charleston restaurants posting. Don't forget Fat Hen here on the island!

Ask a Question