Satellite Fix Slow . . . Discovery

Interesting Discovery.
I have a slow satellite fix problem after downloading App ver7 to my TTOne, as do many others on this forum.

I noticed that the "lto.dat" file (that I am told byTT support is the quickfixGPS file that is used to locate satellites) was missing from my updated TT One unit.

I checked my TT One backup files (as well as "Copy to Computer" files that I also made from mt TT One) and no such file existed. It's supposed to be under the TomTom "ephem" subdirectory.

I redownloaded an updated version of that file (it took 2 tries because it could not locate the existing lto.dat file) and my TT came to life, instantly finding satellites again. Could it be that upon upgrade to the ver7 App, that the satellite file is not properly downloaded?

In any event , my TT One worked great while docked to my computer. HOWEVER, after I removed it and turned it back on, it refused to reboot and it's on its way back to the factory.

You may want to check to see if you have the necessary lto.dat file on your unit by hooking it up to your computer and doing a file search.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Marys ONE was slow to pick up a signal after upgrading to V7. But this morning, I updated again and it gave me another GPS Quickfix file... and it works great!

Hmm.. mine's still slow to find satellites even after 2 days of updating QuickGPSFix.

I checked my backups and none have the file you mention.

I redownloaded an updated version of that file (it took 2 tries because it could not locate the existing lto.dat file) and my TT came to life, instantly finding satellites again. Could it be that upon upgrade to the ver7 App, that the satellite file is not properly downloaded?

Where did you eventually get this file from, do you have a link?

I don't know if this is related, but my GO 720 seems to lag behind while passing streets - it's a small delay but I'm usually going over the interstate (for example) when the 720 shows it ahead of the arrow/car.

I also did not find the lto.dat file on either the internal memory or SD card. A new QuickGPSfix was available this morning but still no file.

I don't know if this is related, but my GO 720 seems to lag behind while passing streets - it's a small delay but I'm usually going over the interstate (for example) when the 720 shows it ahead of the arrow/car.

I noticed my 720 doing this too, along with giving directions a bit late (like saying 'turn left' after already being in the intersection). I switched to the spoken voice (non-computer voice) and the lag went away. It won't announce street names with the spoken voice, but there is the option to still use the computer voice for other items.

Anyhow, might want to see if this eliminates the delay you are seeing.

Woody

Sorry for the no doubt HUGE bump, but thanks to the lto.dat fix, my TomTom Go 720 is a completely different device! The original file must have been lost at some point like some of you experienced! Excellent, it recognises a GPS signal instantly! :)

Ask a Question