Disappearing Favorites?

Hello... While I'm waiting and hoping for someone to reply to my very first thread on this forum ;) https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=3108, I thought I'd post about something peculiar I noticed, while playing with my TT1.

I'm in Greece currently, and it was an unpleasant surprise when I discovered TomTom doesn't seem to cover Greece at all, not even basic coverage, and no mention of it on their website whatsoever. And yet, Greece is a member of EU. Does anyone know anything about this, or if they're planning to cover Greece in the near future?

Anyway, the issue is that regardless of there being no map for Greece, TomTom still obviously works here and gets a good fix on satellites, it's just that the "map" is blank. Regardless of that, I tried to mark a few favorites, namely the location of my hotel and my office (I've been sent here to work for 5 days, our HQ is in London, UK, and I live there). I first marked just the office, and then later, after several switching on and offs of the device (it's still new to me, so I'm playing with it a lot!), I noticed my Favorite wasn't there anymore. I was perplexed, but I attributed it to me not doing something correctly the first time. So I marked the Favorite again, this time adding one for my office, and one for the hotel. I then verified I did everything correctly by going to Browse Map, and there I could see both of my Favorites as yellow stars on the (blank) map.

This was a couple of days ago, and today I switched the unit on, as I have decided to walk from my hotel to the office, and wanted to see that I was moving in the correct general direction. Lo and behold, both Favorites are again nowhere to be found. They have disappeared again.

:confused:

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of is that because there's no map coverage here, the unit decides there's no point keeping the Favorites, and erases them?

Thanks.

Try to reset the device using a pin and applying it to the reset button below the device.
If you have a x10 unit, then I would suggest to perform the clear flash tool.
Good luck, let us know if it did anything.

Hi Pedro, thanks for your reply. :)

Before I do this, can you please tell me what pressing the reset button will... uhm, reset?

Also, I may wait until I'm back in the UK, where there's proper coverage, and then mark a few Favorites there and see if they stick... I'll report my findings.

Oh, and thanks for replying to my other thread too. :)

ah... :eek:

stoopid newbie! :D

the reason my favorites "disappeared" was because at the time when i was looking for them i was switched to a different map. but it wasn't easy to tell, because regardless of which map i have selected, it makes no difference here in greece because it's not covered by any map. so i was just fiddling again, and noticed i was on eastern europe... i switched back to western europe, and DOH! - my favorites were there...

:eek:

Ask a Question